The RYLA Application Process
While each RYLA program has one or more unique application requirements, each program shares the following:
- Every attendee is supported and funded by an eligible Rotary Club. It costs each club $450 for every attendee they send, so each club strives to send their best candidates each year. As such the application process is competitive, and we cannot automatically accept every applicant into the conference.
- After completing your application you must contact the RYLA Representative for an eligible Rotary Club and schedule a candidate interview. You can find a list of eligible clubs and RYLA Representatives here:
- You will need to print a paper version of your completed application. The completed application is presented as the last page of the online application.
- The completed application must be signed by the applicant and the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- Deliver your signed application to the RYLA Representative at your interview.
- When, while completing the online application, you enter a value in the field named “Parent’s Email Address”, please carefully enter only ONE e-mail address.
Leader: One who, by the power of their positive actions, compels others to positive action.
In Rotary Districts 5440 and 5450, RYLA is a 5-day leadership conference held at the YMCA of the Rockies, in Estes Park, Colorado. These two Rotary districts cover Northern Colorado, Wyoming and Western Nebraska.
Any High School Sophomore or Junior prior to the summer conference may apply. Generally, selected applicants excel in one or more areas of high school involvement and have proven leadership experience or potential.
A Focus on your abilities, not your disability.
Inspiring you to be the best Leader and Teammate you can be.
- RYLA Plus is a FREE Leadership
and teamwork development program for high schoolers with physical disabilities.
- RYLA Plus will be held August 2-7, 2020, at Easterseals’ Colorado Rocky Mountain Village Camp.
- This leadership development camp is FREE to all conferees through sponsorships provided by Rotary clubs in our area, along with additional funding from Easterseals Colorado and Comcast.